Instagram Collaboration is the latest (and absolute greatest) feature for growing your community. Let me break it down for you. An Instagram Collaboration allows two accounts to share the same post, collecting and accumulating the likes, comments and engagement from both accounts on a single post.
What this means for retailers is that when you collaborate on a post, you can gain access to the other poster’s audience, introducing them to your page.
There are two separate instructions required to create a collaborative post: the post creator, who invites the collaborator, and the second account that accepts the request. This is how to use the new Instagram Collaboration feature:
5 steps to INVITE a collaborator:
1. Find an account you want to collab with (for example another local business, an influencer, a team member, the business owner’s personal account).
2. Create a post and caption that can be shared with both accounts.
3. Before posting, click “Tag People”.
4. Select ”Invite Collaborator” and search for the account you’re going to collaborate with.
5. Post your content to your page.
3 steps to ACCEPT a collaboration request:
1. Go to your DM inbox. Find the message and select the collaboration request.
2. View the post and select “Review”.
3. Accept the request.
This feature is one of the first features we’ve seen on Instagram that is built for growing your community. Your post will show up in the Instagram feed of your collaborators’ followers, easily allowing them to click on your name and check out your page.
So far, we’ve seen the Instagram Collaboration feature available for regular posts, video posts, carousel posts, and Instagram Reels. We suggest creating a collaborative post as quickly as possible, as accounts that use new features on Instagram are often rewarded in the algorithm.
What I Want You To Take Away From This Blog:
- Collaborations are when two accounts share the same post, also sharing the engagement.
- To invite a collaborator, select the “Invite Collaborator” button when tagging people in your posts.
- Instagram collabs are great for growing your community.
- Collaborative posts are likely to be some of the highest engaged posts.
Okay, over to you…
We want to know who you’ll be collaborating with! Let us know in the comments below!
If you’re an Insider member, we’ve created a step-by-step training video to guide you on how to create an Instagram Collaboration. If you’re not an Insider member, and you’d like to access this training video (along with a library of other videos), learn more about becoming an Insider member!
Leave a Reply