A common question that gets asked by retailers is “Where should I be showing up online?” and the answer is to be where your customers are. For many, the focus is on social media. And yes, showing up on the big social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Snapchat is crucial to your business, but one of the places you should be showing up outside of social (even if it’s the only place) is in your customer’s email inbox. With a majority of people checking their emails on a mobile device daily, it’s a good place for your business to be.
Your email marketing strategy is so important as a small business, and you should have a plan to be hitting your customer’s inboxes especially around the holidays. People who sign up for your email list want to hear from you.
There are many ways to integrate both your social media and email marketing strategies – one can be used to help boost the other. Here’s how:
- Always include links to your social media accounts in the email footer.
- This provides a quick way for your list to connect with you across your social media platforms. If you don’t send out emails often, let them know the best place to stay up-to-date is to follow you on social.
- If you’re trying to build your social media following send a dedicated “Follow Us on Social” email to your list.
- Nowadays it’s common that people who like your brand are going to want to follow you on social media, this is especially true for Millennials. It’ll also help boost your engagement, increase your expose and build a relationship with your customer base in the long run.
- Make it easy for people who find you online to join your email list.
- This could be a pop-up on your website, a link on your facebook page, and can even be done in store when people are checking out. Collect as much information from people interested in your business as possible to help maintain a solid email list.
- Mention you have email exclusive offers and promotions.
- Believe it or not, people want to see promotional emails in their inbox. This is also an easy way to track if a sale comes from an email because you know it’s only being talked about in one place. It’ll also entice your followers to join your list to get the latest deals.
Bonus tip! Upload your email list into Facebook to then use to create a custom audience to run ads to during the holidays.
Watch the full episode below:
You can catch new episodes every Monday at 10 a.m PST on our Facebook Page. Replays will be available on the blog each week.