With modern marketing tools like social media, email, video marketing and more it’s hard to manage it all and stay on top of your to-do list. If you’ve ever felt like there’s just not enough time in your day – keep reading! We want to share with you 3 things you can implement right now to take back a couple hours in your week while still getting everything done.
Watch the full video below:
Tip #1: Keep a digital Calendar/Planner
- You want this accessible to everybody on your team to help keep everybody organized. Make sure to include important dates (events, promos, markets, etc.), your social media posting schedule, email blasts, and anything else relevant to your business. Highlight your goals and when you want to achieve them by because when goals are written down you’re more likely to achieve them.
Tip #2: Make To-Do Lists and Delegate Your Workload
- You want to make sure you’re prioritizing your to-do list in order of importance. If someone on your team can do something for you then pass the task off. You can’t do it all on your own – that’s why you have a team to help you. We swear by the project management tool Asana! You’ll be able to add on your team members, create and assign tasks, and check things off as they are completed.
Tip #3: Create and Use Folders (Physically and Virtually)
- One of the best ways to stay organized is by making sure everything has a place and categorizing everything from employee records to images to post on social. We use Google Drive and highly recommend that every business and their team be on it. It makes it so easy to share important documents and always have access to business-related information in case something happens and the business owner isn’t around.
Now it’s your turn to be an action taker! Take 10-15 minutes at the end of each day to get organized for the NEXT day. Try it out this week, and share with us how it’s working for you in the comments below! Remember, having organization allows for you to focus on the bigger, more important tasks that need to get done and you’ll be able to overcome overwhelm and stress when things are in order.
Also covered in this week’s episode…
On January 11th, 2018, Mark Zuckerberg made a major announcement about changes being made to the News Feed. In his Facebook post, he mentioned wanting to bring Facebook back to what it was originally created for – connecting with friends and family. He wants to encourage more authentic and meaningful conversations and interaction on the platform. Facebook is going to focus more on showing posts from people and groups rather than business pages. This was based on research done about the emotional state of a human and what makes people happy.
People in our industry are referring to the changes as “Facebook Zero,” meaning zero reach and engagement for business pages. Our take on the announcement is that yes, free reach on Facebook is going to drop, but not necessarily go away completely. Here are some tools you’re going to want to integrate in your social media strategy, if you aren’t doing so already, to overcome the changes that are coming:
- Facebook Ads
- Business are going to need to pay to get their content seen.
- Live Video
- Live video prompts for conversation in the moment. People tune-in to a live video because they want to know what’s happening in real time.
- Groups are a great way to build an online community and prompt conversation between other members in the group.
- Event Pages
- Make sure you’re creating an event page for any and all in-store events and even sales and promotions. With the release of the Local App by Facebook last year, this is going to be a place for you to show up for people looking for something to do in your area.
- Messenger Bots
- Use a messenger bot in order to automate your customer service and make it easy for people online to communicate with your business.
- “See First”
- Train your customers to click and add you to their “see first” notification list. This is going to be an important way for business pages and brands have their content show up to their customer’s newsfeeds. Urge customers to add you to their in order to stay up-to-date and get the latest information from your business.
PLEASE NOTE: Social Edge Live is now going by a new name – The Modern Marketing Show. We changed the name because even though we talk a lot about social media, we’re also going to be talking about and covering other modern marketing tools small businesses need to grow and thrive this year and in the future. You’ll still be able to tune in Monday’s at 10 a.m. PST, 1 p.m. EST for new weekly episodes – mark your calendars so you don’t miss out!