June is fast approaching so I thought I’d share two upcoming “holidays” that can make for unique marketing opportunities and events at your store.
June 21: National Selfie Day (also my Grandma’s birthday!)
June 30: National Social Media Day (also my Mom’s birthday!)
As you can see, I have a personal and business love for these two dates since they’re both social media-related AND fall on the birthdays of two important ladies in my life! 🥳
If you feel like celebrating Grama Carol and Mama Cindy in-store, go for it (and please send me pics, haha)! But I think these dates can be super fun to promote on your social media as well as create engaging and entertaining store events.
Below are a few ideas to get your wheels spinning. Feel free to use these as is or create your own. But just a small favor? Please let me know what you plan to do by leaving a comment on this blog post or DM us on Instagram. (Thanks in advance. 😊)
Ideas for National Selfie Day:
- Create an in-store Selfie Station with fun props. Ideally, include signage with your social media handles (your profile names) in the picture so people can find and follow you. Entice your social media followers and email subscribers to come in and snap a selfie on National Selfie Day (June 21st) and enter to win a $50 gift certificate (or a denomination you’re comfortable with). Only catch? They must use the branded hashtag you create (Instagram would be best for this type of campaign) to be eligible to win.
- For five days leading up to the 21st, take a selfie around your store with a product you love. On each post, tell Facebook users that they can win that item if they post a selfie of themselves in a comment on that post.
- For the month of June, invite people to come in and take selfies with something unique to your store (for ex: a statue you have in front of your store, a line you’ve always carried, a selfie with you or someone on your team!) and to post them to Instagram tagging your account. On the 21st, you can randomly pick one winner from those customers or DM everyone who entered a $5 or $10 off coupon.
Ideas for Social Media Day:
- On June 30th, throw a party in your store and decorate with emoji balloons (these actually exist!), thumbs up signs and Instagram photo frames. Ask attendees to follow you while they’re at the party and post live in honor of Social Media Day.
- Give a special discount to all social media followers that can be used on June 30th only. Encourage shoppers that day to follow you and share pictures from the store, tagging you and using #socialmediaday.
- For 7 days leading up to the 30th, highlight top fans that are active on your Facebook and/or Instagram by sharing their pictures and gifting them 20% off an item or their purchase. Expiration date on gift: June 30th.
To the future,
P.S. Speaking of Social Media Day, I’m hosting my own exclusive Social Media Day on July 8th in Grand Rapids Michigan. The only way to attend is to have a ticket to the Retail Success Summit, which begins the day after my event. Click here to get your Retail Success Summit ticket first (using the code CRYSTAL at check out to save $700) and once purchased, get in on Social Media Day for just $297.