Remember learning the importance of email marketing in a previous Crystal Media newsletter? If you missed it, click here to catch up via my blog post. It’s an important one.
Today, I want to give you one more essential email marketing tip. That is, to analyze your email open rates. Ok, I hear you… This is not a sexy or fun topic for most. But it’s critical in order to maximize your email marketing.
Let’s try this fun little analysis exercise (see what I did there? 😉):
- Review your last 10 emails and find the average open rate.
- Share your average open rate with me in a comment here on my blog post or DM us on Instagram. (If I get enough retailers to share their averages with me, I’ll share the average of the average on our social media for your reference. So PLEASE share your average with me!)
- Identify the emails with the highest and lowest open rates and try to determine WHY these were the best/worst.
- Was there a clear reason?
- Was the time or day you sent a factor?
- Did one have a clear CTA (call to action) and one didn’t?
- Did one have a more mysterious subject line than the other?
- Were the lists (or audiences) used the same or different?
By spending a little time (aim for just 15-20 minutes) to understand what’s working or not in your email open rates, you can respond with more effective emails through better content, better subject lines, better audiences, and better-targeted timeliness. Getting my drift? An overall better marketing strategy.
Think about it. If you could get an additional 50, 100, 1000 or more people to open your emails, wouldn’t that impact your bottom line? I bet it would.
So get to work, check out those last 10 emails, let me know your average, and analyze them to uncover what’s working and what isn’t. I promise it’ll help optimize your future sends.
And by the way! If you need more email marketing tips and strategies, I have great news!
May’s live training webinar for my Insider members is all about Email Marketing. If you’re not already an Insider, you can join for just $97/month and get in on this live training happening May 7th. You’ll get all the juicy benefits of being an Insider too!
Get the scoop on becoming an Insider by clicking here.
To the future,