Gone are the days of consumers lackadaisically peeking into stores for gift inspo. Shoppers, especially during the holiday season, are demanding more convenient and seamless shopping experiences. While global eCommerce continues to grow, brick-and-mortar retail stores continue to thrive as consumers still purchase in store for two main reasons: to see products in person and for the emotional benefits. That being said, before going into stores, people are looking for gift ideas on social media. We’ve been talking about the significance of Stories, so if you’ve been waiting to get started, now’s the time!
Facebook’s 2019 Holiday Marketing Guide outlines some key statistics to keep in mind during your holiday marketing planning:
- 69% of people find Stories on Facebook and Instagram to be a great way to discover and become familiar with new products or services.
- 62% of people become more interested in a brand or product after seeing it in Stories.
- More than a third of Millenials and parents said videos created by social media influencers helped them choose what to buy.
- 48% of global holiday shoppers message businesses to find out more details about a product.
- 43% of global holiday shoppers message businesses to purchase a product.
Stories present a huge opportunity for your business, so make sure you’re utilizing them. Below are some Stories best practices to help keep your business at the top of the consumer’s mind:
- Post to your Story at least once a day to make sure you’re staying in front of your customer. Use location and hashtag stickers to increase your discoverability.
- Stories can (and should) be more authentic, organic, and unpolished. Try “behind the scenes” and Live content. People love to see the “human” side of your business and it will help build a connection.
- Use Stories to showcase what you have going on in the store- post products, limited-quantity items, and event or sale info. Around the holidays, suggest gift ideas to get your followers thinking about your business for their holiday shopping.
Most importantly, have fun with it! Stories are a great tool to connect with your followers. Posting consistent, relevant content will help keep your followers engaged with your business so that come holiday gift-buying time, they turn to you! Share in the comments how you utilize Stories!