Apr 9, 2023
Prefer to listen? Here you go! And be sure to subscribe and leave a review on Apple here.
The future is bright for small retailers! You’re going to LOVE this conversation I had with my very first retailer! Ana McConnell is the owner of Pilar Boutique in downtown Loveland, Colorado.
Ana first started out working in her mom’s boutique, Cloz to Home. After navigating working with her mom, she branched out on her own and is currently thriving with two locations and a photo studio.
It’s no secret that being a retailer is HARD WORK. Even Ana called her first two years ‘Absolute Hell’ but in year three of opening Pilar, it all came together, and you can hear the passion she has for her business!
If you’re struggling as a retailer, you have to know there is no one thing, no “quick fix”. But Ana shares an abundance of resources and tips that will get you to where you need to be. Whether it’s accounting, inventory, networking, or team management, she has a really great foundation and wise words for all!
Be open, pivot, know your F*&#@%! numbers, and take a break when you need it.
I’m rooting for your success!
- Advice for retailers from a retailer
- How to manage your team and give trust.
- Resources for retail needs.
- Navigating working with family in a retail environment.
- Making it past the first years, from hell to thriving.
Mentioned In This Episode:
- PILAR BOUTIQUE (@shop_pilar) on Instagram
- Cloz to Home Boutique (@cloztohome) on Instagram
- Ana McConnell (@ana_pilar_m) on Instagram
- Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts.: B. Brown
- Profit First by mike Michalowicz
- How to Do the Work: Recognize Your Patterns, Heal from Your Past, and Create Your Self: LePera, Dr. Nicole
- Hatch Inventory Management | Shopify App Store
- Management One
- Asana Project Management
- Register for EVOLVE 2023 and use code podcast to save $400
- Crystal Media
- Crystal on Instagram
- Crystal Media on Instagram
- Crystal Media Co – YouTube