For a while now, we’ve been able to pin posts on Facebook so viewers can see the best of the best of our content. You may have noticed a new tool on Instagram that now allows you to do the same on your profile. As retail social media strategists, we see an opportunity to share the top 3 posts small business owners can pin to their IG profile to get the most out of this new feature.
As a reminder of how to pin a post to your profile…
- Select any post (carousel, video, Reel, or single image post)
- Click on the triple dots on the top right of your post
- Select “Pin to your profile” (You can currently pin up to 3 posts to your Instagram profile)
Now that we know how to pin a post to the top of our IG page, what should we pin? Check out the top 3 posts all small businesses should use in their Instagram Pinned Posts.
1. An introduction post. Pin a post to the top of your profile introducing your business, the store owners, and the types of products you carry. An Instagram Reel is ideal for showcasing more of your personality in your introduction post. It’s beneficial to include at least one Reel in your pinned posts to increase engagement and time spent viewing the post.
2. Current events/sales. A rotating post of current events, sales or store updates is a great pin to your profile. It acts like the Instagram version of a Facebook cover photo, where you can share the latest and greatest from your store. Be sure to remove this pinned post as soon as it becomes irrelevant!
3. Storefront image. A storefront image is an awesome way to familiarize your audience with the outside of your store; they’ll more easily locate it while cruising through your town. Try to re-post your storefront image each month, so the background, seasons and window displays are always up-to-date!
Plus, be sure to include the tappable store location (for easy directions) and current store hours in the caption so your viewers know exactly where and when they can stop in to say hello and pick up some local goodies!
What I Want You To Take Away From This Blog:
- Utilize Instagram Pinned Posts to bring quality content to the forefront of your profile.
- Help your viewer easily shop with you by pinning strategic posts.
- Pin up to 3 posts.
Okay, over to you…
Have you used Instagram Pinned Posts yet? We have! Our one-and-only pinned post is about blocking spam comments on IG. Check it out at the very top of our Instagram profile!