With the most wonderful (and hopefully most active) time of the year approaching, we know your small business will be using all the social media knowledge you have gained this past year to show up where your customers are: on Facebook and Instagram. 🎁 With many customers choosing to shop online this year—but still wanting to support small businesses— local stores will have the chance to shine online! Although you may receive more views on your social media content this holiday season, you also want to be sure you drive more sales and keep your viewers’ attention. ❄️
Today we are sharing 5 ways to optimize your Instagram profile to help turn your viewers into customers.
- Brand your profile.✨ With customers showing up on your Instagram page, be sure to welcome them to your profile with a clear brand image, the same way a person entering your physical store might feel. Update your Instagram Profile photo to a clear image of your logo, add a descriptive Instagram bio (including who you are and what you sell), and lastly, add Instagram Highlight cover photos that match your brand colors.
- Update your Instagram buttons. ✅ This one may seem small, but it is mighty, as it provides more opportunities for your customers to shop with you! Instagram has added the option for buttons that are additional to the contact buttons. Under “Edit Profile”, click on “Action Buttons” to add buttons on your profile that include “Order Food”, “Gift Cards”, “Book Now”, and “Reserve”.
- Add a website link and update it often. 💻 Get the most out of the link in your bio by connecting customers directly to the products and services you are promoting in your content. Ask your viewers to visit the link in the bio to directly link them to your latest blog, your new product line, a wish list and more. If you’d like to add more than one link in your bio, check out LinkTree, which allows you to embed several links on your Instagram profile.
- Post to your Instagram stories, and add them to your highlights. 🎥 While you have these new eyes on your Instagram page, you might as well let them get to know you in a more personal way. Instagram stories show up on your social media for 24 hours, but saving them to your highlights allows them to exist permanently. You can create more behind-the-scenes content, and quick and digestible videos of yourself or your staff talking about the store and its products. People love seeing people!
- Add products to your Instagram Shop. 🛍 Instagram has released a feature that enables you to add shoppable products into your Instagram profile, where customers can purchase them directly from Instagram without visiting your website. This makes shopping a lot more convenient for your viewers, so you’ll want to make sure you update your shop often!
Social media has always been an incredible way to spread the word about your business while connecting with your audience, but this year, your small business has an entire tool kit to turn those viewers into customers!