In a few weeks, Crystal will be speaking at the Retail Success Summit, and like most events these days, it will be virtual. While virtual events have their pluses (hello, no airport security!), if you don’t prepare you might have a hard time adjusting. Luckily, like most things, the right mindset and some prep is all you need.
Here are some simple tips to help you maximize your time at a virtual event.
- Test logging into the event- make sure you know where and how to log in.
- Keep the event coordinators information handy: If you’re stuck or need help with something, make sure you know who to reach out to.
- Print or download any pre-work or notebooks provided.
- Create a comfortable space in your house or office to “attend” the conference.
- Treat this as an in-person event when choosing what to wear and what snacks to have on hand.
- Set an out-of-office on your email to eliminate distractions, and turn off unnecessary notifications on your phone.
- Allow yourself to be present. Don’t gyp yourself by trying to multi-task just because you’re at home.
- Set clear goals on what you’d like to learn or accomplish while attending the conference.
- Have a dedicated page(s) for action items so you can easily reference it after the event and start taking action.
- Budget in time after the event to debrief with your team.
Bonus Tip: Tell your friends, family, and/or roommates you’re invisible. 😝
If you’re interested in attending the Retail Success Summit you can learn more here. I hope to ‘see’ you there!
I’d love to hear. your tips for attending virtual events, please share in the comments below.