Instagram introduced a brand new feature to the short-form video platform, Reels, called Remix as a way to create collaborative video content. It allows IG users to create a Reel video that plays alongside a previously posted Reel (either your own or other IG accounts that have enabled this feature). Tiktok has this same feature called Duet.
When this feature is available to your account, you’ll be notified by Instagram while using the Reels feature.
To create an IG Reels Remix:
1. Click the triple dots on the bottom right of a Reel you want to Remix
2. Click “Remix This Reel”
3. Record a video that correlates with the original Reel you’re remixing (yours will show up on the right side)
4. Post to your IG Feed after adding a cover image and caption
Be sure to “Enable Remixing” on your Reels that were posted before this feature was available so others are able to Remix your Reel and help you gain views!
If you’d like to try out this new feature but are stuck for ideas, we have created a Reel that was made just for small business owners to remix with.
Instagram Reels Remix is a great new form of content creation for retailers to use because:
- Remixed Reels may be rewarded in the algorithm
- It’s easy to create
- Doesn’t require outside editing apps
- Encourages collaboration
- Could bring more potential views to your existing content when other people remix your Reel
If you’d like to learn more about Instagram Reels Remix, check out this post on Instagram and be sure to follow us to stay up-to-date with new features and content tips.
To re-mixing up your content,
Leave a Reply