Many businesses are now using a 3rd party company to embed several links within their Instagram bios, such as Linktree or Linkin.Bio by Later. Having a place for your customers to go if they’d like to learn more (beyond an Instagram post) is great, but how do you get them there?
Here are 3 ways you can get your customers familiar and comfortable with clicking the link in your bio.
1. Be consistent with your CTA (Call To Action).
Soon your viewers will learn that if they want more information or if they want to buy, they will need to go to the link in your bio. Train your customers!
2. Get creative with your CTA. Instead of saying “Link in Bio”, try to add emojis, more of an explanation, and detail why you’re asking people to leave Instagram and head to your link in your bio! Using GIFS in your stories and adding emojis to your copy can also add interest and context to your CTA. Here are some CTAs to switch up your regular copy:
- 🛒 Follow the link in our bio…
- Head over to our profile, click the link in our bio, and select (insert title). 📲
- Click the 🔗 in our bio to check out the (insert product).
- 👉 On our Instagram profile, you can access the (insert item) by clicking the link in our bio. 🖱
- For more information, head over to our Linktree, which is located in our Instagram bio! 🌳
For your Instagram Stories, search “Link in Bio” in GIFS. Here are a few of our favorite link in bio GIFS:
3. Consider adding a CTA in your Instagram bio letting people know to click below for more. For example:
- Follow the link below to learn more about our products
- Click the link below to shop our Instagram feed
- For information on our products, follow the link below to learn more
To link clicks leading to more sales,
PS For more access to valuable tools and training, a portal full of resources, and Pinpoint—our new, time-saving search feature that answers your social media questions in an instant— join Insider before prices increase 20% on April 1st. Lock in your year-long membership at the lowest price of just $997 and also get our printed 12-month Social Media Planner as a bonus!