Ever noticed a video in your camera roll that looks better than the post once it’s been published to TikTok and Instagram? Social media apps usually compress the quality of a video, so it takes up less space on their platform. This, however, lessens the quality of your post.
Luckily, there’s a hidden feature that allows high-quality uploads on TikTok and Instagram—and it’s so easy to set and forget!
Here’s how to upload higher-quality posts on TikTok:
- On the final editing screen, before you post your TikTok, click “More options”.
- From there, turn on “Allow high-quality uploads”.
- Make sure you can see the green side of the button, like the image below!
Here’s how to upload higher-quality posts on Instagram:
- Click the menu on the top right of Instagram.
- Scroll down to the subheading “Your app and media” and select “Media quality”.
- Turn on “Upload at highest quality”
What I Want You To Take Away From This Blog:
- Turn on these features to raise the quality of your posts on Instagram and TikTok.
- Clearer posts get better engagement.
Okay, over to you…
Have you ever noticed compressed quality on your social media apps? Let us know what other issues you’re running into in the comments below and we’d be happy to help out!