Earlier this month, I asked our Insiders about their biggest roadblocks when it comes to running their Facebook Ads. The answers are in! It turns out that determining which audiences to use, and building those audiences, causes the most headaches.
Which audiences should you be using? How many different ones are out there? To give you a little insight, here are the top audiences performing for my ad clients right now:
- Fans Lookalike + Interest
- Website Traffic/Website Traffic Lookalike
- Video Views/Video Views Lookalike
**Pro Tip: You can create audiences based on specific Videos which means even MORE detailed targeting.
Three tips to making the most of your audiences:
- Test, test, test – Start with 2-3 audiences and test to see which ones work for you. Introduce different audiences as you go and keep on testing.
- Don’t be afraid to move audiences around to other ad objectives – Use a Video View audience for Traffic ads, Previous Event Engagement with Reach ads, etc.
- Think outside the box! – When it comes to choosing Interests, consider everything that makes up your Perfect Customer Group. For instance, advertising furniture? Think about using Interests such as Newlyweds, Recently Moved or Have Small Children in addition to just choosing Furniture or Interior Design. Also, be sure to take advantage of Facebook’s suggestions.
Leave a Reply