Advertisers rejoice! There’s a new placement in town!
There’s a brand new placement in Facebook Ads Manager to place your video ads. You can now choose to include IG Reels (or exclusively choose Instagram Reels) as the place where your ads show up.
Since IG Reels is the latest place you can choose for your ads to show up, we think this is a great placement location that not a lot of other advertisers know about yet. Before this placement becomes highly saturated with other advertisers, we suggest getting the most out of placing your ads in Reels since the competition is low. This means the costs for your ads could be low as well.
To create and place an ad in IG Reels, follow these steps…
1. Go to your Facebook Business Ads Manager.
2. Select “Create” to create a new ad.
3. Set your objective (we recommend Engagement, Video View, or Lead Gen for Reels Placement).
4. Under your Ad Set in placements, select “Manual Placement”.
5. Select “Instagram” only and deselect all other placements. Select “Instagram Reels” under the Stories and Reels placement.
6. Create your Ad Creative and upload a video up to 30 seconds long with the aspect ratio of 9:16 (fullscreen vertical).
Once your published ad gets approved by Facebook, expect your video ad to show up in the popular stream of Instagram Reels.
We believe IG Reels is a great placement because viewers often settle into a continuous stream of IG Reels videos—endlessly viewing the next Reel in their feed. A video ad will likely not even be that noticeable as an ad here, because the viewer is watching several Reels on various topics, mostly by creators they don’t follow! Your ad will fit right in!
TIP: Create your ad within Instagram Reels to optimize the size and length of your video ad. You can do this by creating an Instagram Reel, and then saving the Reel to your camera roll by clicking the small download arrow on the editing screen of Reels.
Keep in mind that retailers are unable to save audio that’s not their own in a Reel video. If you’re going to save a Reel to your camera roll, be sure you’re using your own audio, or the voiceover tool.
If you’re not sure how to create IG Reels, we cover how to create a Reel and use the features in this training video.
What I Want You To Take Away From This Blog:
- Placing video ads in Reels is likely to maximize your through plays.
- Catching on to this ad placement early can help you stand out from other advertisers.
- Creating your ad videos in IG Reels will optimize them for the Reels ad placement.
Okay, over to you…
Will you try placing video ads in IG Reels? Let us know in the comments below!
If you’re not sure what kind of video ads to create for Reels, we’ve got you covered. In our blog post 100 Engaging Social Media Post Ideas For Retailers, we share several awesome Instagram Reels content ideas for retailers to create!
Leave a Reply