Lauren from Sentimental Journey, one of our Insider Members, let us know that they had a viral IG Reel! With so much excitement, we watched the number grow higher and higher. Lauren first shared how her Reel had 20K views… then 50K … then 79K… and then finally the small business hit an astonishing 104K views on one video! WOW!
The video included the owner switching out a Spring Mini—a small decorative accent—on a Nora Fleming flower vase, which can be swapped out with other little Minis. Now this wasn’t a highly produced video that took a lot of time or money. It was a simple show of how to use an item from their store.
Sentimental Journey had an average of 1,248 views per Reel before this video was posted. Which would mean this video of theirs truly did go viral. We are so proud of them.
Here are the 7 key strategies they used that likely contributed to the extreme popularity of this Reel!
- This Insider used the original song—a currently popular one for spring being used for many accounts (“Here Comes the Sun” by the Beatles).
- They used the IG Reels Text Tool, adding text with a colored background to the video.
- This Insider used several short video clips to make one longer IG Reel.
- They were showcasing a product “How-To” video that is relevant to the season.
- This Insider added relevant hashtags in a comment after the Reel was posted.
- They used a cover photo that includes a person in it!
- They added the IG Reel to their Instagram profile, so it can be seen from their IG Feed and can be discovered on the explore page.
Sentimental Journey had a $100 online order with the customer writing in the comments section: “I saw your Reel on Instagram and had to buy some for myself, they’re so cute!”. Instagram can be a powerful tool to build an audience and create a community, but also Instagram can help your small business sell!
What I want you to take away from this blog:
- Try to use as many of Instagram’s features as possible when creating an IG Reel.
- Use Instagram to tell a story about your products, to help them sell better.
- Show your audience videos of your products and how to use them.
- Stay consistent with posting on Social Media.
Ok, over to you! I want to know…
Have any of your Instagram Reels performed extremely well, or directly helped you sell a product? If so, be sure to share with us in the comments below so we can check out that IG Reel!
If you’re looking for more tips on how to gain popularity, grow your account, and sell products from IG Reels, check out one of our most popular Blog posts, “The Do’s and Don’ts of IG Reels”.
Virginia Carosso says
Thanks as always Steph for great stuff! I’m curious how they used that song? I tried to save it and it didn’t allow me to. Where did they get the song?
Steph Bechard says
Great question! They likely viewed that song from another account’s Reel, and then saved it and used it in their Reel. Unfortunately, it is currently pretty difficult to save the “real” music from Instagram Reels as IG has caught on to the workaround. The “Save Audio” button has disappeared so business accounts can no longer save audio they come across, you’re not alone on that! For now we can keep our fingers crossed that IG allows business accounts to use music very soon, and in the meantime, we’re looking further into new “workarounds”. If we find any successful ones, we will report to our Insider’s first, so you’ll see it in the Insider Facebook Group! 🙂