As you know, social media channels like to showcase their new features by rewarding posts that use these new features. Using new features advances your posts and accounts in the algorithm. This means your posts are viewed by more of the accounts that follow you, as well as more potential new customers. This is great news for businesses!
One new feature you may have seen lately is the “Add Yours” Sticker. This sticker showcases a photo and allows viewers of that Story to re-use the same sticker. The viewer can then add in their version of the prompt. The more this sticker is shared, the more it grows. (However, you never really know the amount of people it’s reached.)
Each new person that shares this sticker to their Story is essentially inviting their viewers to also share it to their Stories. This new Instagram sticker could potentially reach countless communities!
Here are 5 ways for retailers to use this new Instagram engagement sticker:
1. Post a photo of an item from your store that you want buyers of said item to show off.
Include the prompt: Show us your [insert name of store product] in your home/on you!
2. Share a photo of your morning coffee and include text about how you like to make your coffee.
Include the prompt: How do you make your coffee?
For example, mine would be:
3. Share a photo collage of your favorite local businesses.
Include the prompt: Favorite small businesses in [insert name of city/location]?
4. Share a photo of a customer in your store.
Include the prompt: The last photo you took in our store
5. Share a photo of your storefront.
Include the prompt: Favorite view in [insert name of city/location]!
Also, be sure to ask your viewers to tag you when they use the “Add Yours” Sticker for a Story repost on your account.
To use this sticker, take or upload a photo into Instagram Stories. Once uploaded, select the Engagement sticker on the top right. Select the “Add Yours” Sticker, then type in your photo prompt.
What I Want You To Take Away From This Blog:
- Using new features helps grow your engagement.
- Jump on new features for the algorithm to potentially favor your posts.
- Create content using unique ideas that’ll connect with your audience.
Okay, over to you…
Have you already used this sticker? What did yours say? Let us know in the comments!
We’ll be discussing more new features and social media trends at our annual EVOLVE conference on February 7th-9th, 2022. Become an Insider now to attend this exclusive event!