If you are already running Facebook ads, chances are you’re running Instagram ads as well. Facebook owns Instagram, and Ads Manager is the platform for both. By default, ads created through Ads Manager run to IG. However, as Instagram continues to grow in both users and significance to marketers, now is the time to give your IG ads a little extra TLC.
Understanding the importance of their IG audience, we worked with our ads client Cooper and Binkley to build out their ads with Instagram in mind. Highlighting their example below, here are 5 easy tips to making sure your IG ads go the extra (digital) mile.
- Quality images: IG is an image-focused platform so the images and videos you choose should be top-notch. That doesn’t mean they have to be professionally done, but it does mean that they should be clear, eye-catching and easy to interpret. Just think of how your eyes behave when you’re scrolling through the IG feed.
- Use a healthy content mix: Yes, IG is image-focused, but that doesn’t mean it should be all pretty product shots. Mix in people, the store (if you’re a physical location), the community, humor and more. Make use of IG’s fun tools like polls and quizzes and, of course, video!
- Be on brand: Your visual content should tell the brand story as much as the copy. Be consistent with your brand colors, fonts (if you overlay text), filters, emojis, and tone. Your audience should know it’s you instantly.
- Have a clear Call-to-Action: Make sure you have a strong CTA in the text and it supports the CTA button. Is it a product? Use Shop Now. An Event? Learn More. Are you building your email list? Sign Up! The best marketing instructs your audience on what they should do, simply and clearly.
- Utilize the Swipe Up feature on Stories: A huge benefit of advertising is having the swipe-up feature on Stories. Organic Stories require you to have 10k+ Followers to add a swipe-up option, but not so with ads! The feature will show whatever Call-to-Action you’ve chosen and made it easy for them to follow through with a simple swipe.
👉 Pro Tip: If you have already built out your Product Catalog on Facebook, be sure to tag your products in the ad. It allows users to instantly connect with the product on your website. With just the click of a button!
Leave a Reply