A good product photo can make all the difference when selling online. With the holidays quickly approaching and many customers opting to shop online versus in-person, it’s a good idea to make your social media look a lot more like a store!
Consider your social media channels like a new location for your store, and help your products stand out. In each post, you have the opportunity to catch someone’s attention—kind of like a window display would catch the eye of a passerby! You want your viewers to see a picture that will convert them into a customer! To do so, consider following these tips to help catch your viewers’ attention.
- Wipe the lens of your phone or camera.
- Try to take the photo in a bright area, preferably in natural light.
- Take the item off the shelf and display it in a creative way. If it’s clothing or accessories, consider having a model wear it. If the item is home decor, help the viewer picture what it would look like in their home by staging it. Showing a product in use is much more interesting to people than a standard “product image”.
- Take a picture that accurately displays the item. You should be able to see details such as size, texture and material. You want your customer to be happy with their purchase, so accurate photos are key to no surprises when the customer receives their new item.
- Include detail in the caption. You can create mini sales pitches in your captions the same way you would sell to a customer standing right in front of you! Include all the details your viewer wants to know, like price, sizes, and availability. This creates convenience and ease!
Keep in mind, social media is all about sharing quality content, and now that small businesses have the opportunity to sell online, the pictures that are being used should have as much attention and care go into them as a display in your store would! Implementing a few of these tips each time you take a product photo has the potential to not only grow your social media, but also to grow your business!