Happy October! If you can believe it or not we’re just 7 weeks away from Thanksgiving and 12 weeks away from Christmas, and they’ll be here before we know it. What are you doing to let your customers know you’re there to meet their holiday shopping needs? One way is to remind your community about what makes you special. You’ll want to re-engage with past customers while also bringing in your current customer base and attracting your potential customers right before the holiday madness starts. Hosting an event like a “Fall in Love with Us (Again)” Open House is going to help keep you top of mind with people in your area and have them swooning for you. Store events are some of the best type of marketing and content you can get for your business.
Here are the 5 Steps you need to host a kick-ass open house event:
- Step 1:Create a Facebook Event Page
- Gives your customers a place to rsvp, a place to get event information, they can invite their friends, it’s also connected to your fb page so people will get a notification about it and it’ll show up on their newsfeed.
- Your event will show up in the event page on facebook and people who are in the area can see your event page on the mobile app whether they follow you or not.
- Free publicity and a place for people to share
- Step 2:Announce event using Facebook and/or Instagram Live
- Ideally you want t use both, can’t stream at the same time, but a way around that is having two cameras one for each to stream on both platforms. Live has heavier weight better chance of people seeing you, and it helps you build a relationship with your audience. You’ll also get more reach and the higher your reach the more people who are going to be able to see you.
- Step 3: Promote event all over social media and email
- Make sure to create graphics to post, do a slideshow of products you’re featuring it or that are on sale, do a countdown leading up to the event. Also, don’t forget about email, reccommend including a button in your email that links over to the facebook event page buttons increase email click through rates by 42%, so you want to make sure to include one.
- Step 4: Make it Fun
- Do giveaways/contests in store
- Food/Drinks/Dessert always makes it a party
- Have a photobooth/selfie station
- Make sure you encourage people to share their photos and tag your business, this can help build more awareness for your store while people are at the event.
- Invite a local artist/vendors
- Step 5: Run Ads
- Sometimes you have to put a little money in to marketing your event to see some amazing results. This helps get your event in front of more people meaning more people that can potential walk into your store. People are out there so you have to go get them!
Watch the full episode below:
You can catch new episodes every Monday at 10 a.m PST on our Facebook Page. Replays will be available on the blog each week.