With the holidays fast-approaching, we wanted to give you five quick tips to help you get more action – comments, share, likes, traffic, and sales – through your social media marketing this holiday season.
1. Video is HUGE. And there are a ton of ways to engage customers with video during the holiday season. Some ideas: Film you and your employees caroling at local businesses, film gift guides based on age or hobbies, or recreate a popular Christmas story in your store. Be sure to include calls to action. Donate $1 for every video share, ask them to call the store to reserve a gift, or tell them to stop in the store and mention the video for a discount. You can also stream a live video tour of your store. Tell customers to ask questions about the products and why they make the perfect gifts. They can also ask questions about your holiday hours, gift wrapping, sale dates, and more.
2. Encourage Facebook fans to sign up for your email list using an email list signup app. if you’re using an email service provide like MailChimp or Constant Contact, they should have an app. Or, you can use a service like LeadPages. Set an email to go out right away when they join that includes a coupon to save this holiday season.
3. Promote a “One For You, One For Me Too” sale, with a BOGO deal on a few major gift items.
4. Create a Facebook event for a holiday open house. Include holiday music, food, and exclusive discounts. Advertise this event to warm leads, like fans, your email list and/or website visitors Be sure to live stream the event on Facebook as well!
5. Get more customers into your store by having a couple costume contest + sale. Any two people that come into the store together in costume get a discount on their purchase for that day.
A small amount of time planning out your holiday marketing on social media can yield BIG results. And the best tool to get those results? Social Edge’s Holiday Marketing Bundle. It is a complete guide filled with everything you need from October to January, like:
- Dozens of editable graphics to support your holiday marketing efforts
- Pre-written social media posts to promote the 12 Days of Christmas and Small Business Saturday
- Access to 5 training videos on holiday social media and marketing campaigns
- Access to the Holiday Checklist and Monthly Checklist to keep you organized
Happy holiday prep!
Leave a Reply