We recently held our very first in-person workshop at our Carlsbad, Ca HQ. We had a small group of retailers travel in from all over the country to participate with us. We want to share with you the three biggest takeaways that came out of the three-day workshop because we believe you can benefit from them as well.
Watch the full episode:
The 3 Takeaways:
- Time blocking to pull together a plan for content and building – we did 6 months!
- Our retailers loved this exercise because it forced them to sit down and actually plan their content strategy. If you’re like most retailers you’re just posting on the fly without thinking about how your post can support your overall goals. Now, these retailers not only have their post ideas but also their building strategies mapped out so they can implement on their own or share with their Social Media Manager and staff.
- Audiences and Ads Creation
- This is a topic that we had tons of questions on because of how technical running Facebook Ads can be. But, we were able to walk them through setting up a Custom Audience, detail targeting and setting up an ad from start to finish, step-by-step which allowed them to see how simple and basic these things actually are.
- Instagram Stories
- Much to our surprise, none of the retailers in this group had posted an Instagram Story before. We blocked some time to demonstrate how they work, and our retailers were able to see results almost instantly. One even came back the next day so ecstatic that almost 40 people had viewed her story and she only has a few hundred followers all together!