In early September 2022, we hosted our annual Holiday Marketing Workshop for our Insider members and shared strategies, content ideas, and step-by-step instructions on how to maximize marketing efforts in Q4.
Our Insiders loved the content and many notes were taken throughout the two-day event! I wanted to share 5 takeaways from the Holiday Marketing Workshop to help each retailer out there lean into 2022 social media trends.
1. Make your content look seasonal. If your store has seasonal products on the shelves, your social media should reflect the season as well. In our session about decorating your social media channels to really lean into each of the seasons and holidays, I shared various tips, features, filters and GIFs to make your content POP during Q4.
One easy tip I shared was to use seasonal borders on the background of your social media posts. Borders can easily be found on Canva.
2. Include CTAs on all social media posts. In our copywriting session, From Copy to Shoppy, we shared a ton of tips on finding your voice, along with done-for-you holiday copy for your social media captions. One of the most important tips? Do not forget to add a Call To Action at the end of every post! Tell your audience what you want them to do—from clicking the link in your bio, coming into the store, or responding to your Facebook event!
3. Use more ads in Q4 & increase Ads budget. In Jess’s session about advertising during the final months of the year, she urged Insiders to consider increasing their Ads budgets as competition during Q4 is increased. Using ad dollars will help your content get more views and cut through the competition.
4. Create a TikTok Gift Guide. Maddie shared how to build a gift guide in the form of a short form video. In the presentation, she elaborated that the formula to a perfect gift guide is determining your Who + What.
Who: Gender, Age, Lifestyle, Hobbies/Interests, Personality, Relationship, Local area
What: Holidays, Birthday, Pick-me-up
5. Ask for Google Reviews. During my presentation, Light up your Listings, I shared that Q4 is a great time to collect more Google reviews as store traffic is usually higher. Google reviews not only help introduce you to new potential customers, but they also make great content on other social media platforms.
These were just a few of our favorite tips from this workshop. We love hosting events and sharing expert strategies to help retailers grow, foster an engaged community and use social media to make sales for their businesses!
Our next event, EVOLVE 2023, is happening in April 2023 in Denver, Colorado at the Gaylord Rockies Resort. Now is the perfect time to add an event to your 2023 calendar, as something to look forward to in the new year that’ll add exponential growth to your business.
What I Want You To Take Away From This Blog:
- Adjust your social media marketing strategy during Q4.
- Lean into 2022 marketing trends to keep your content relevant.
- Use best practices to help your content perform better in the algorithm.
Okay, over to you…
Which were your favorite takeaways from the Holiday Marketing Workshop? If you’d like to attend this exclusive event next year, or watch the replays from this year’s conference, consider joining the waitlist for Insider membership!