As a digital marketing agency, we’re soooo proud when we see creative and unique social media posts from retailers on social media. Yet we also understand the struggle of coming up with consistent content that engages and grows a community. It’s no easy task!
After running your business all day long, likely the last thing on your mind is curating lists of online content ideas that your PCGs (Perfect Customer Groups) will enjoy. But that’s why you have us!
We’ve looked at the latest features and content types, and created a list of 10 engaging posts for small businesses to use this summer!
1. IG/FB Reel & TikTok: Share your Top 5 birthday gift picks for summer birthdays.
2. IG/FB Story: Post a storefront image with a Location engagement sticker, using your store’s location. Viewers can easily tap and view to see how to get to your store.
3. IG Guide: Recommend your favorite spots for tourists to visit. This 1 minute video shows you how!
4. IG/FB Live: Tour the store starting from the entrance, and visit your most summer-y displays.
5. IG/FB Reel & TikTok: Show the audience which essentials you pack in a beach bag.
6. IG/FB Reel & TikTok: Using video, ask each of your team members what their favorite summer activity is.
7. IG/FB Post: Showcase your best farmer’s tan, and caption it by asking the audience if their work uniform leaves them with a farmer’s tan.
8. IG/FB Story: Ask your audience “This or That” questions using the Poll engagement sticker. Examples of summer staples could be: Sunglasses or Baseball Cap? Hot Dogs or Hamburgers? Park Day or Pool Day? Lake or Beach?
9. IG/FB Post: Post a Boomerang of a shipment truck pulling into your parking lot. Caption it, “New summer arrivals will be unpacked very soon!”.
10. IG Post: Post an upcoming event/anniversary/sale and use the Reminder feature on the post to allow your audience to get a notification when your event is starting.
Choose a few of your favorite ideas from the list above to kickstart a seasonal feel to your social media, while inviting your viewers to engage with your content and turn into a loyal community member.
We recommend having a healthy mix of content that both connects to your audience and sells to them. Using the 80/20 rule is the balance we recommend to our retailers. If you’d like to learn more about this rule, check out our blog post, Use The 80/20 Rule To Grow And Maintain An Online Community In 2022, that shares different ideas for both nurturing and selling content!
What I Want You To Take Away From This Blog:
- Use different content types and features to keep your audience engaged.
- Have fun with seasonal content on social media.
- Ask your audience questions and invite them to respond.
- Use the 80/20 rule to build a strong community.
Okay, over to you…
Which of these is your favorite idea? If you try one out, please tag us on social media with @CrystalMediaCo. We can’t wait to see your burnin’ hot summer content!
Want even more content ideas to choose from? Save your favorites from this list of 100 Engaging Social Media Post Ideas For Retailers.
Thank you, interesting blog! My favorite idea from this list is the 10-th,
steph Bechard says
Thank you so much for taking the time to read! I’m glad you enjoyed it!